Home » Sell »
Plan of Action
Once you’ve interviewed at least 3 agents and utilize my 41 Questions, it is time to showcase, position, and expose your home locally and internationally. Remember that your first showing will be on the Internet. Having a proven strategy and a broker willing to spend thousands of his own dollars upfront will get you the best buyer.
Here is how I do it:
- Full blown market survey and consultation so there are no surprises. We will discuss and interpret absorption rate pricing.
- I won’t represent your buyer unless you direct me to. I am your advocate. Please listen to my talk show to understand why this is important.
- We help you with excellent staging advice.
- I hire a PROFESSIONAL photographer.
- Your floor plan will be digitally drawn, and provided as a PDF and JPEG for easy viewing and downloading.
- Preliminary title search will be performed to make sure there are no issues.
- I will pay for a historical biography and permit search if your home has historical significance that can increase desirability.
- Professional landscaping spruce-up can be arranged.
- Your property will have its own specific branded and URL SEO’d website (such as www.123MyStreet.com) with ALL the information available to anyone. There is no bait-and-switch.
- A For Sale Sign will be installed if it will help expose your home.
- A monitored Digital lockbox will be installed (if desired).
- CUSTOM sign is made JUST for your house.
- Wonderful color flyers with a floorplan included.
- Termite inspection consultation and coordination.
- City inspection consultation and coordination, if required.
- Paperwork completed early so there are no delays later. Buyers will be encouraged to sign these before entering escrow.
- List on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
- List on 125+ 3rd party Home Search websites (this is powerful).
- I cross promote with my 50+ websites.
- List on Zillow and Trulia.
- List on Redfin.
- List on Facebook.
- Promote to thousands of agents and brokers in numerous offices.
- “Just Listed” Postcards mailed out.
- Promote at my weekly office meeting.
- Board of REALTORS® broker caravan (for ALL brokers).
- COLOR Los Angeles Times Ads.
- Promote across the Sotheby’s International Realty platform and network.
- Advertise open houses, if desired.
- Terms such as Fiduciary and Agency will be explained.
- Pre-screening of all buyers and financials.
- I push agents to push their clients. I am very good at encouragement to bring a deal and closing it.
- I make a lot of phone calls to sell your home.
- I constantly guide it to your desired result.
- Most up-to-date contracts are used (all from the California Association of REALTORS®).
- I ENCOURAGE buyers agents to give offers.
- I always cooperate with all brokers from rookie to pro, and from the polite to the annoying.
- Constant communication with minimum weekly emailed detailed updates, but I usually am calling you a lot.
- I answer my phone and return calls, texts, and emails promptly.
- I triple check to make sure all items are completed on time.
- Commission disbursement is transparent: at the beginning of escrow, you will see where all commission dollars are going so you know that there are no illegal “side deals”.
- Once in escrow, I make sure the buyer follows the contract to close.
- I am aggressive, but always polite.
Some properties require more than one strategy and some need less. If you have a specific request, or a specific circumstance, let me know. Each property needs something a little different.